Thursday, September 16, 2010

IE 9 Rant.

MS announced the release of IE9 beta today and guess what its not supported on XP. Once again the

decisions maker or makers @ MS f&%$#@ up big time. Why the hell would you decide not to support IE 9
on XP? Espically when MS is trying to recapture the browser market they lost for good. So in this economy if they are expecting companies and home users to spend $$$ and upgrade the OS to Windows 7 they are wrong.The company I am working for has 200 or more XP machines with no plans to upgrade in the near future...
Don't get me wrong I am not against MS. I am a systems and network admin working primarily in windows environment but I just can't understand why why why would you not support IE 9 on XP. Does some one needsto remind them that every 2 out of 3 windows machines out there has XP???
Well looks like this is one more reason to move to firefox, chrome or Safari. While we are moving lets also move to open office and later to ubuntu get my drift.

"People go to the Web for sites, not for the browser," Dean Hachamovitch, vice president for IE, said at a release event in San Francisco --- Really no shit.

No comments: